THE BENEFITS OF TURRON'S INGREDIENTS
Spanish turron has two key ingredients: almonds and honey. These two pillars have a variety of healthy properties, many of which are inherited by the Spanish nougat. Next up, we are going to list the great properties of these delicious ingredients, and with them, the benefits of the turron itself.
THE BENEFITS OF TURRON: ALMONDS
Although there are turrons without it for those who are not big fans of almonds, such as our delicious Peanut Turron, the true Spanish turron usually has them. Almonds are excellent tree nuts for people of all ages. These are some of the benefits that turron inherits from them, alongside their great taste.
- Almonds are a great source of vitamin E, an antioxidant that also empowers our inmune system.
- Like many other tree nuts, almonds help reduce cholesterol levels.
- Thanks to their high levels of fiber, proteins, and non-saturated fats, almonds are a great food for a proper diet.
- Almonds are rich in magnesium, a mineral that we often lack in our diet and that helps a multitude of our bodies functions, particularly the heart.
- Eating almonds helps regulate sugar levels in the body, making Maria Simona’s sugar-free turrons a delicious choice for people with diabetes.
THE BENEFITS OF TURRON: HONEY
From the rock paintings in the Cave of the Spider (Valencia), where it was immortalized some 10,000 years ago, through the oriental empires where it was mentioned on the first known recipes in the 1500s b.C., and to our days, honey has always been considered a delicacy with medicinal properties.
Although at Maria Simona’s turron, we have experimented to create sugar-free turron while keeping a genuine taste, it is in our classic turrons where you will find true Spanish Honey. The following are some great properties of this timeless ingredient:
- ¿Have you ever drank honey with milk when your throat is itching? This is not only a mom’s improvised remedy. Honey really does have antibacterial properties that help defend our body.
- Honey is a great antioxidant, which helps protect our heart and immune system.
- If you are not allergic to it, honey is a probiotic that can help you with digestive problems such as constipation.
- Although you won’t be able to enjoy these properties as an ingredient, honey is used in a variety of medicines for its hydrating and skin healing capabilities.