A delicious recipe for Pommes Farcies au Turron for autumn? Here we go!
- 4 apples (preferably firm varieties such as Reinette or Golden)
- 150g Alicante or Jijona turron, with or without sugar, as you prefer
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 50g chopped walnuts or almonds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Zest of one lemon (optional)
- A few tablespoons of orange juice or cider
Preparing the apples :
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Wash the apples and remove the core with an apple corer, leaving a base for the filling to remain inside.
- Arrange the apples in an ovenproof dish.
Preparing the filling :
- Crumble the turron into small pieces using a knife or food processor.
- In a bowl, combine the crumbled turron, melted butter, honey, cinnamon, lemon zest (if using) and chopped walnuts or almonds (if using). The mixture should have a pasty consistency.
Stuff the apples:
- Fill each apple with the turron filling, packing well.
- Pour a little orange juice or cider into the bottom of the dish to prevent the apples from drying out during cooking.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes, or until the apples are tender and golden-brown.
Serve the turron-stuffed apples warm, perhaps with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of cream.
Enjoy your meal! Tell us what you think!